Friday, June 26, 2009

My last post in England...

It's my last day at Warwick today. Tomorrow, I leave for Birmingham for a couple days before my flight home on Tuesday. This could also potentially be my last post from England.

I have so many feelings of deja vu, especially writing this right now. It seems like only yesterday I was in my room back home. It was the night before I left for England, and I was writing my "last post" in America. Same with the packing. Lots of people in my hall left today, but all I could think of was the day I first moved in and met everybody. I was unpacking then, today I'm packing. Later I'm going out to say goodbye to my friends here. It's been a great ride. I do feel ready to go home now, though, and I'm grateful that I'm leaving at the right time.

I'm still going to continue this blog---I imagine I'll have more to say about "reverse culture shock" in a couple of days! Until then, for anyone reading...

Take care and see you on the other side of the pond! Cheers!

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good.

---Wicked

No comments: